After many weeks of bargaining virtually with a Federal Mediator and addressing various concerns that the union had on our initial proposals, we provided a Comprehensive Best Offer to Settle to the UFCW Local 400 on October 22, 2020.
It is a strong offer. We are investing more money on you in this contract than we have in the past, including significant investments in your pay while increasing our contributions to help keep your health care coverage affordable for those who qualify and want coverage. In general, here’s what our Comprehensive Best Offer to Settle would do:
- Provides more pay for all associates
- Increases pay for Department Heads, Backups and Leads
- Improves premiums in a number of areas
- Increases night shift premium
- Improves starting wages
- Provides eligible associates with a first-time ratification bonus
- Increases company’s contributions for your health care benefits
- Keeps your medical and dental the same while improving your vision benefit
- Keeps your contributions the same through 2021
- Increases associate contributions modestly in 2022 and 2023
Your store leader will be providing more details on our Comprehensive Best Offer to Settle in the coming days, including specific information on what our proposed wage increases mean for you and more details on our health care proposal.
You can also download and review our Comprehensive Best Offer to Settle. We hope you will see that we have worked to ensure that no matter where you are at in the wage scale that you’ll see a pay increase and that your health care is still an affordable and exceptional benefit to you. This offer is contingent upon reaching a ratified agreement no later than November 6, 2020 and is subject to change if not successfully ratified by this date.
Thank you for all that you do for our customers and communities.